Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bananas going bad?

What do you do when you have a bunch of overly ripe bananas spoiling in your kitchen?

Bake of course!

This morning I noticed all of my bananas were going bad, but I didn‘t want to throw them away! I figured I would get a little creative and combine some other things we already had in the house to make a yummy and nutritional breakfast. I ending up with these delicious and healthy cinnamon banana muffins. They came out great!

Here is the recipe, I hope you guys like them!

Banana Cinnamon Spice Muffins
Ingredients

*3 Ripe bananas

*1 cup of organic whole wheat flour

*1 individual serving of applesauce (4 oz)

*1 cup organic brown sugar

*¼ cup organic raw sugar

*1 tbls grounded cinnamon

*1 tsp grounded ginger

*1 tsp of baking soda

Directions

1.Preheat oven at 360 degrees.

2.Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.

3. In a bowl mash bananas with a fork-then add sugar and applesauce (mix together).

4.Then add in all the dry ingredients and mix everything evenly.

5. Using a spoon, place batter into the muffin spots- about ¾ full.

6.Bake for about 20 minutes.

7. Enjoy!

*Makes about 16 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment