Wednesday, July 7, 2010

KIND bar product review

I found these all natural bars at whole foods the other day on sale for only .75 cents and figured I would give them a try. They came in many varieties. I decided to try the Almond Cashew + Omega-3; which contains all natural & gluten free ingredients such as dates, almonds, cashews, honey, and some added vitamins.


The Nutrition

This bar is packed with 4 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, and only 150 calories per bar. It also contains 14 grams of sugar. This may be higher in sugar than some people would like to consume in a health bar, but it's coming from the honey and the dates (which means no added sugar)! These bars also contain no salt (which means absolutely no sodium!!!!) and only 1 gram of saturated fat, which I find great!


The cons of this bar?
I wish it had a little more protein in it. Perhaps, the other flavors have some with higher protein.



How did it taste?

It was sweet, crunchy, and delish! There were huge pieces of almonds and cashews covered in sweet honey & dates glaze in every bite (it was super filling)!!! If you enjoy nuts, I would definitely recommend that you give these bars a try! I know I will be heading back to whole foods to pick up some of the other flavors =). Hope to see you there!



Star Scale
I give this bar 4 out of 5 stars


Overall Review

Great price, great taste, great ingredients, and big selection to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment