Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yogurt, it is what’s for breakfast!

I just began eating yogurt. As a child, I never cared for dairy products because I was lactose intolerant. I actually only drank soy milk for most of my life. As I grew older, people started telling me to start adding more dairy products to my diet to help protect my bones as I age. I tried different types of yogurt and never found any that I was crazy about. Then I had a parfait at Panera Bread and found them to be amazing (despite paying $5)! I asked the cashier what kind of yogurt they used and she replied “Stoneyfield's Organic French Vanilla”....I figured I could buy the yogurt myself and make my own parfaits.
***** -
****I ended up purchasing a bunch of the individual size yogurts at whole foods for only .50 cents and used some organic raspberries + organic vanilla granola. It came out just as good and was a fraction of the price.



Why should you start eating yogurt?
                                                                                                          Here are just some of the benefits:

1. It’s a very good source of calcium.

2. It boost our immune system.

3. Studies have shown that eating yogurt with live cultures actually can keep you leaving longer.

4. It can maintain your current weight and even help loose excess weight.

5. It contains over 10 essential nutrients that our bodies need such as vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, zinc, protein, and potassium.

6. It lowers our LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and raises our HDL cholesterol (the good type)

7. It can lower body fat.

8. Helps prevent and heal arthritis.

8. It can boost the bodies ability to build strong bones (especially beneficial for females).

9. It can prevent developing an ulcer.

10. It can create better smelling breath from eliminating tongue bacteria and plaque.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I was the same way as a child...I could barely keep soy down my parents were fearful I would never gain any weight! I have just started to eat yogurt too, I only eat Dannon Light and Fit (it's the only one that I have seen that is only 80 calories) I'm kinda a calorie counter :)

    ReplyDelete